Facebook marketing is much more than just posts that share links to other articles or some boring text talking about a product or service. Actually, that’s the worst thing you can do and just as of this January, Facebook announced that they changed how they display business page updates.
Best way to do business Facebook posts
If you’re sharing a link to something, ensure when you paste the URL in the status update, that it pulls in a snippet of the story, then PLEASE delete the URL; the snippet will remain. See the above link for an example.
Don’t share only text like this example:
Our product is the best. It’s shinier and better than the competition. Go out and buy our better product today.
Be creative and actually show an example of the product being better with an image, video, link to a testimonial, anything other than just text.
Pro Tip for Facebook marketing professionals out there
As Social Media Marketers, we spend a great amount of time juggling different clients and their social media accounts. A great way to get a new client convinced of your awesomeness is to.. well… show them!
These quick 7 steps make it easy to do it.
- Navigate to your Facebook Interests
- Click Add Interests
- Create List
- Search for, and select, your clients’ pages
- Choose List Name (e.g. Your agency name + “clients”)
- Make it public
Now a few more tips to on how to share it.
- First option is there’s a Facebook Share right on the list to share internally to Facebook
- Second you can head over to bit.ly and make a custom URL like bit.ly/Agency-Facebook-Clients (not a working example)
- Third, and my favorite, if you have a WordPress site, you can use the Redirection plugin and set up a 301 to direct any URL you create on your domain over to that Facebook list (e.g. cartomark.com/facebook-clients)
Happy Facebook marketing and list making!
Comment below if you have any questions/suggestions/or similar tips.